Residential Zone R-4.5
Section 20K. Purpose and Intent. The R-4.5 Single Family Residential zone implements the lower densities in the Medium Density Residential Plan designation. This zone provides opportunity for development of single family detached dwelling units on smaller lots.
Section 20L. Uses Permitted Outright. Uses permitted outright in an R-6 Zone, excluding duplex dwellings, are permitted outright in an R-4.5 zone. Accessory dwellings are permitted only internally within a detached house, subject to the building height and lot coverage standards in Subsections 20Q and 20R.
Section 20M. Conditional Uses Permitted. A use permitted as conditional in an R-6 zone is permitted as a conditional use in an R-4.5 zone.
Section 20N. Minimum and Maximum Densities. In the R-4.5 Zone, the minimum density standard is 8 dwelling units per net residential acre, and the maximum density is 10 dwelling units per net residential acre.
Section 20O. Lot Size. In an R-4.5 zone, the lot size shall be as follows:
(1) The minimum average lot area shall be 4500 square feet. However, in a newly platted or replatted subdivision of eight lots or more lot areas and widths shall be varied as specified in the Lot Dimension and Setback Variation Requirements adopted under Subdivision Ordinance Article VII.
(2) The minimum lot widths at the front building line shall average 50 feet.
(3) The minimum lot depths shall average 80 feet.
Section 20P. Setback Requirements. Except as provided in Sections 88 and 93, in an R-4.5 zone the yards shall be as follows:
(1) The front yard of the house shall be a minimum of 15 feet, and the front yard of the garage shall be a minimum 20 feet, except as provided in Subsections 5 and 6 of this Section. (Amended by Ord. No. 5892/12-08.)
(2) The side yard shall be a minimum of five feet, except as provided in Subsection 6 of this Section.
(3) The rear yard shall be a minimum of 15 feet.
(4) All corner lots shall have interior yards of not less than five feet, except as provided in Subsection 6 of this Section.
(5) All corner lots shall have one front yard setback of not less than 15 feet and one front yard setback of not less than 10 feet; however, the garage door shall have a minimum 20 foot setback, measured to the inside edge of the sidewalk or to the curb as applicable.
(6) In a newly platted or replatted subdivision of eight lots or more, front yards shall be varied, and side yards may be varied, as specified in the Lot Dimension and Setback Variation Requirements adopted under Subdivision Ordinance Article VII.
Section 20Q. Height of Building. In an R-4.5 zone, buildings shall not exceed a height of 35 feet or two-and-a-half stories, whichever is less.
Section 20R. Lot Coverage. In an R-4.5 zone, buildings shall not occupy more than 55 percent of the area of an interior lot nor 60 percent of a corner lot.
Section 20S. Sidewalk and Street Tree Standards. In an R-4.5 zone, in a newly platted or replatted subdivision, property line sidewalks shall be installed with a minimum 4.5 foot wide planting strip between the curb and the sidewalk. Street trees shall be planted in the planting strip, concurrent with home construction, at two trees per lot for lots with fifty feet of frontage or greater and one tree per lot for lots with less than fifty feet of frontage. Where site conditions are favorable, the City encourages the provision of stormwater management facilities within the planting strip and other low impact development (LID) techniques and practices as described in Section 131B Habitat Friendly Development Practices. Street trees shall be planted in compliance with City standards.
(Sections 20K. through 20S. Added by Ord. No. 5778/8-07)