C-4 NEIGHBORHOOD COMMERCIAL ZONE
Minimum Front Yard: .Equal to Front Yard of Least Restricted Adjacent Residential Zone
Minimum Side and Rear Yards: 10 Feet if Abutting a Residential Zone
Minimum Lot Size: 7,000 square feet
Minimum Width at Building Line: 60 feet
Minimum Lot Depth: 90 feet
Maximum Lot Coverage: 50 Percent
Maximum Building Height: 2 Stories or 30 Feet, Whichever is Less
Neighborhood Commercial Zone C-4
Section 41. Uses Permitted Outright . In a C-4 zone the following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
(1) (Deleted by Ord. No. 3029/8-79.)
(2) (Deleted by Ord. No. 2526/8-72.)
(4) Barber shop.
(5) Beauty shop.
(6) Clothes cleaning or laundry pick-up agency, including pressing.
(7) Commercial school - such as dance, sports, martial arts, and physical fitness center, with a maximum floor area not exceeding 2,500 square feet. (Added by Ord. No. 5903/5-09)
(9) Drug store, including fountain.
(10) Florist shop.
(11) Frozen food locker, excluding wholesale storage.
(12) Garden store.
(13) Grocery store, including meat market.
(14) Hardware store.
(15) Laundry and cleaning, self-service.
(16) Office or clinic for the following:
(b) Architect or designer.
(c) Attorney at law.
(e) Doctor or other practitioner of the healing arts.
(f) Engineer or surveyor.
(g) Insurance agent.
(h) Real estate agent.
(17) (Deleted by Ord. No. 2595/8-73.)
(18) (Deleted by Ord. No. 2595/8-73.)
(19) Restaurant, including carry-out (no drive-thru), with limited seating, not exceeding a maximum floor area of 1,500 square feet.(Added by Ord. No. 5903/5-09)
(20) Variety or dry goods store.
(21) Light Rail Facility. (Added by Ord. No. 4300/12-94.)
(22) Residential activity on the second floor of a commercial building. (Added by Ord. No. 5150/6-02.)
(23) Commercial activity on the second floor of property designated as MU - Mixed Use on the City's Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map. (Added by Ord. No. 5150/6-02.)
(24) Residential Homes and Facilities. (Added by Ord. No. 5667/9-06.)
(Section 41 Amended by Ord. No. 5903/5-09)
(25) Animal Service Facility, excluding outdoor exercise areas. Overnight boarding is permitted outright at veterinary clinics and as a conditional use elsewhere as provided in Section 42. (Added by Ord. No. 5960/3-11.)
Section 42. Conditional Uses Permitted . A use permitted as a conditional use in an adjacent residential zone is permitted as a conditional use in a C-4 zone.
(1) Automobile service station. (Added by Ord. No. 2526/8-72.)
(2) Church with a maximum floor area not exceeding 3,000 square feet. (Added by Ord. No. 5903/5-09)
(3) Repair or service shops to accommodate the following: (Added by Ord. No. 2595/8-73.)
(a) Appliance sales and service.
(b) Bicycle sales and service.
(c) Catering service.
(d) Radio or television sales and service.
(e) Sewing machine sales and service.
(f) Shoe repair.
(g) Typewriter sales and service.
(h) Upholstery, automobile, and furniture.
(i) Other uses found similar to (Subparts) (a) through (h)
(j) Eating establishment, which meets all of the following limitations: (Added by Ord. No. 3701/6-87)
(1) has a maximum seating capacity of 50 or fewer persons, and
(2) excludes provision of drive-in service, and
(3) excludes the serving of distilled liquor (beer and wine allowed).
(4) Radio transmission facilities. (Added by Ord. No. 3194/12-80.)
(5) Mixed Use Commercial/Residential Development, on sites smaller than two acres, within the Station Area Interim Protection District. (Added by Ord. No. 4223/4-94.)
(6) Light Rail Construction Area. (Added by Ord. No. 4300/12-94.)
(7) Transit Park and Ride (Added by Ord. No. 4300/12-94.)
(8) Commercial activity on the second floor of property designated other than MU - Mixed Use on the City's Comprehensive Plan Land Use Map. (Added by Ord. No. 5150/6-02.)
(9) Overnight pet boarding at animal services facilities other than veterinary clinics. (Added by Ord. No. 5960/3-11.)
(Section 42 Amended by Ord. No. 5903/5-09)
Section 43. Limitations on Use . In a C-4 zone the following conditions and limitations apply:
(1) The maximum floor area of each separate use confined within enclosing walls shall be limited to 4,000 square feet on the first story. Below grade square footage (i.e. basements) shall not be included in the maximum floor area. (Amended by Ord. No. 5222/2-03).
(2) All business, service, repair, processing, and storage, including refuse and garbage storage, shall be conducted wholly within enclosed buildings except the display of plants and off-street parking and loading.
(3) Items produced or wares and merchandise handled shall be limited to those sold at retail on the premises.
Section 44. Signs . (Deleted by Ord. No. 5676/10-06. See Municipal Code Chapter 11.32.)
Section 45. Lot Size . In a C-4 zone the lot size for nonresidential uses shall be as follows:
(1) The minimum lot area shall be 7,000 square feet.
(2) The minimum lot width at the front building line shall be 60 feet.
(3) The minimum lot depth shall be 90 feet.
Section 46. Setback Requirements . Except as provided in Sections 88 and 93, in a C-4 zone the yards for nonresidential uses shall be as follows:
(1) The minimum yard along a street other than an alley shall equal the front yard required in the least restricted adjacent residential zone.
(2) Minimum side and rear yards of 10 feet shall be required for those portions of a lot in a C-4 zone abutting a residential zone.
(3) The minimum front, rear, and side yard setbacks for two-story buildings with commercial activity occurring on the second floor for property located in non-Mixed Use designated areas shall be at least one-half of the height of the principal structure. (Added by Ord. No. 5150/6-02.)
Section 47. Height of Buildings . In a C-4 zone structures shall not exceed a height of two stories or 30 feet, whichever is less. (Amended by Ord. No. 5150/6-02.)
Section 48. Lot Coverage . In a C-4 zone commercial buildings shall not occupy more than 50 percent of the lot area.