Multi-Family Residential Zone A-3
Section 35. Uses Permitted Outright . A use permitted outright in an A-2 zone is permitted in an A-3 zone.
Section 36. Conditional Uses Permitted . In an A-3 zone the following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when in accordance with Sections 78 to 83:
(1) A use permitted as a conditional use in an A-2 zone.
(2) Lodge or club.
Section 36A. Minimum and Maximum Densities. In an A-3 zone, the minimum density standard is 23 dwelling units per net residential acre. The maximum density standard is 28.75 dwelling units per net residential acre. . (Added by Ord. No. 4902/5-00; Amended by Ord. No. 5778/8-07.)
Section 37. Signs . (Deleted by Ord. No. 5676/10-06. See Municipal Code Chapter 11.32.)
Section 38. Lot Size . In an A-3 Multi-Family Residential zone, the minimum lot size shall be as follows:
(1) The minimum lot area shall be 6,000 sq. ft. A minimum of 1,500 sq. ft. of lot area is required per dwelling unit. (Amended by Ord. No. 3029/8-79)
(2) The minimum lot width at the front building line shall be 60 feet.
(3) The minimum lot depth shall be 90 feet.
(4) Notwithstanding the dimensional and area standards set forth in Subsections (1) and (2) above, approved duplex and multi-family lots may be partitioned or subdivided in order to allow for ownership of each dwelling unit, provided that the parent parcel meets or exceeds the minimum lot area and width specified in Subsections 1 and 2. The dwelling units shall have a common wall at the zero lot line. (Added by Ord. No. 4902/5-00; Amended by 5778/8-07.)
Section 39. Setback Requirements . Except as provided in Section 88 and 93, in an A-3 zone the yards shall be as follows:
(1) The front yard shall be a minimum of 10 feet.
(2) The side yard shall be a minimum of five feet plus, an additional one foot for each story over two. On corner lots the side yard shall be a minimum of 10 feet on the side abutting a street.
(3) The rear yard shall be a minimum of ten feet.
(4) The side yard setback required in subsection (2) of this section may be waived for approved duplex and multi-family lots partitioned or subdivided in accordance with Section 24(4), when the proposed property line corresponds with a common wall between individual units.
Waiver of the five foot side-yard setback may include approval of eave, gutter, and other non-structural, non-load-bearing projections extending up to eighteen (18) inches past the common wall property line of a duplex or multi-family lot partitioned or subdivided in accordance with Section 24 (4). Partitions or subdivision of duplex or multi-family lots involving structures with projections extending across the common wall property line shall be conditioned to require provision of reciprocal easements for the encroachment and maintenance of the projections. (Added by Ord. No. 5778/8-07.)
(Section 39 Amended by Ord. No. 5778/8-07.)
Section 40. Height of Buildings . In an A-3 zone, buildings shall not exceed a height of three stories. However, where Planning Commission approval of a site development plan has been granted, a maximum height of 5 stories or 50 ft., whichever is less, may be allowed. (Amended by Ord. No. 3029/8-79.)