Industrial Zone M-2
Section 60. Uses Permitted Outright . In a M-2 zone, the following uses and their accessory uses are permitted outright:
(1) A use permitted outright in a C-1 Zone, excluding mobile home parks and major retail use. (Amended by Ord. Nos. 2386/10-70 and 5050/8-01.)
(2) Manufacturing, repairing, compounding, processing, or storage.
(3) Dwelling for a caretaker or watchman working on the property.
(4) (Deleted by Ord. No. 2910/6-78.)
(5) Railroad tracks and facilities such as switching yards, spur or holding tracks, freight depots.
(6) Wholesale distributor or outlet.
(7) Light Rail Construction Area. (Added by Ord. No. 4300/12-94.)
(8) Transit Park and Ride. (Added by Ord. No. 4300/12-94.)
(9) Animal Services Facility including overnight boarding, but excluding outdoor exercise areas except as provided in Section 61. (Added by Ord. No. 5960/3-11.)
Section 61. Conditional Uses Permitted . In a M-2 Zone the following uses and their accessory uses are permitted when in accordance with Section 78 to 83:
(1) Junk yard.
(2) Motor vehicle wrecking yard.
(3) (Deleted by Ord. No. 3029/8-79.)
(4) Automobile service station. (Added by Ord. No. 2526/8-72.)
(5) Corrections Facilities including, but not limited to, jails, half-way houses, probation center, and restitution centers. (Added by Ord. No. 2910/6-78.)
(6) Radio transmission facilities. (Added by Ord. No. 3194/12-80.)
(7) Child Care Facility. (Added by Ord. No. 3280/11-81 and Amended by Ord. No. 5168/7-02.)
(8) Recreation Vehicle Parks. (Added by Ord. No. 3609/4-86.)
(9) School: junior high or senior high, college or university. (Added by Ord. No. 3775/8-88.)
(10) Car Wash Facilities. (Added by Ord. No. 5106/2-02.)
(11) Outdoor exercise areas accessory to animal services facilities. (Added by Ord. No. 5960/3-11.)
Section 62. Limitations on Use . In a M-2 Zone the following conditions and limitations shall apply:
(1) A use having the primary function of storing, utilizing or manufacturing explosive materials is prohibited.
(2) (Deleted by Ord. No. 3343/7-82.)
(3) Materials including wastes shall be stored and grounds shall be maintained in a manner which will not attract or aid the propagation of insects or rodents or create a health hazard.
(4) Any use or operation shall comply with current state air quality and noise statutes and rules, as administered by the Department of Environmental Quality. (Added by Ord. No. 3343/7-82.)
Section 62A. Setback Requirements . The front yard and any side yard abutting upon a public street or alley shall be a minimum of one foot. (Added by Ord. No. 2497/3-72.)
Section 63. (Deleted by Ord. No. 2670/9-74.)
Section 64. (Deleted by Ord. No. 2670/9-74.)
Section 64A. (Deleted by Ord. No. 2670/9-74.)