A. Purpose. The Shute Road Site Special Industrial District (SSID) is an overlay zone intended to supplement most of the provisions of the underlying M-P, Industrial Park Zone for the Shute Road Site. If any provision of this District conflicts with a provision in the underlying M-P Industrial Park Zone as applied to the Site, the provisions of this District shall control. The purposes of this District are:
1. To provide and enhance within planned campus industrial park settings development opportunities within the Shute Road Industrial Site for businesses engaged in “high technology product manufacturing” that may require large sites, and for supporting industrial uses and accessory commercial businesses that may also locate within the same large sites.
2. To provide the opportunity for smaller, compatible industrial uses and accessory commercial uses that can support the businesses engaged in high-technology product manufacturing uses and may require small and medium size sites in a planned campus industrial park setting.
3. To provide large lots within the Shute Road Industrial Site for businesses engaged in high technology product manufacturing uses.
4. To provide for aesthetically attractive, well designed industrial development within every development site whether large, medium or small within the Shute Road Industrial Site.
B. Applicability. The provisions of this District shall apply only to the Shute Road Industrial Site shown on Figure 134A – 1, which is a part of this ordinance. Upon annexation to the City of properties within the Shute Road Industrial Site, the Official Zoning Map of the City of Hillsboro shall be amended to apply the M-P Industrial Park zone and the SSID overlay zone to each of the properties included within the boundaries of the Shute Road Industrial Site as shown on Figure 134A-1.
C. Definitions. For the purposes of this District:
1. A “high-technology product manufacturing” use means and includes any high technology enterprise engaged in the business of manufacturing high-technology-related products, either as the main on-site activity or in conjunction with on-site experimental product research, testing or prototype production; or, any other high-technology industrial use that needs to use a dependable and uninterruptible supply of specialized dual-feed electric power or nitrogen gas. (Amended by Ord. No. 5983/9-11.)
2. A "lot of record" means any lot or parcel of property described on Washington County Tax Maps on the date of annexation of the lot or parcel of land to the City of Hillsboro .
3. "Contiguous lots of record in common ownership" means all contiguous lots or parcels which are either owned by a single individual or entity at the time land is placed in this district or which are thereafter acquired by a single individual or entity.
D. Standards. All land uses, development and lot size requirements within the Shute Road Site Special Industrial District (SSID) shall comply with the following standards:
1. Land Use. Development within the SSID shall be allowed in accordance with the following requirements:
a. Land uses within the SSID shall be limited to:
(1) Businesses engaged in high-technology product manufacturing;
(2) Businesses and other land uses that support high-technology product manufacturing; and
(3) Commercial office uses that are accessory to and in the same building containing businesses engaged in high-technology product manufacturing or businesses and other land uses that support high-technology product manufacturing.
b. New commercial retail uses shall not be permitted within the SSID.
2. Required 100-Acre or 50-Acre Lots. The land area of any lot of record or contiguous lots of record in common ownership required to be developed only with high-technology product manufacturing uses defined in Section 134A, C.(1) of this ordinance shall not be reduced in size without prior approval by the Portland Metropolitan Service District and the City of Hillsboro.
a. Development within the SSID shall provide at least one (1) 100-acre lot of record or contiguous lots of record in common ownership, or three (3) 50-acre lots of record or sets of contiguous lots of record in common ownership on which development shall be limited to businesses engaged in high technology product manufacturing as defined in Section 134A,C.(1) of this ordinance. All other lots of record or contiguous lots of record in common ownership within the SSID may be smaller than 50-acres in size and may contain any business or use described in Section 134A.A.(1)–(3) of this ordinance.
b. Implementing the Transportation Plan. The required 100-acre lot or 50-acre lots may be reduced in size to the extent necessary to allow the dedication and/or construction of public collector or arterial roadways necessary to implement Section 13. Transportation of the Hillsboro Comprehensive Plan.
c. Natural & Hazard Areas. The required 100-acre lot or 50-acre lots may be reduced in size to the extent made necessary by the bisection of the lot(s) by a natural area, flood hazard area or other resource or hazard designation restricting development pursuant the provisions of the Hillsboro Comprehensive Plan or Zoning Ordinance; or for the sole purpose of segregating common or public ownership of natural areas, flood hazard areas or other natural resource or hazard areas within an industrial park.
3. Development Review Standards. All development within the SSID shall conform to the following development standards and procedures:
a. Development within the SSID shall be subject to review and approval by the Planning Director in accordance with the procedures prescribed in Section 133 of this Zoning Ordinance. The Planning Director may permit developments to occur within the SSID within any lot of record or contiguous lots of record in common ownership in any arrangement and development sequence that accomplishes the requirement in Section 134A,D.2(a) in accordance with the purpose of the District.
b. Development shall be consistent with underlying applicable provisions of the M-P Industrial Park Zone as provided in Sections 65 through 74; and
c. Final development plans for any lot or record or contiguous lots of record in common ownership shall conform to the provisions of Section 133, Development Review/Approval of Plans .
d. Subdivision of lots shall conform to the City of Hillsboro Subdivision Ordinance .
(Section 134A Added by Ord. No. 5331/1-04)